Nadia Erika Cole recently graduated from Washington State University.

Nadia Erika Cole recently graduated from Washington State University.

Port Angeles woman still missing from Sea-Tac airport

PORT ANGELES — The search continues for a Port Angeles woman who disappeared from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and an arrest warrant has been issued for her fiancé, Aaron Aung of Moscow, Idaho, for allegedly not returning his 2-year-old daughter to her birth mother.

Nadia Erika Cole, 21, has been missing since last week.

“The main thing is just try and find her, our daughter, and hope she’s safe,” said Kirk Cole, Nadia’s father, on Wednesday.

Cole said Nadia went missing at 3 p.m. May 29 as they and Nadia’s mother, Beata Cole, were preparing to board a flight to Italy for a three-week vacation to celebrate Nadia’s recent graduation from Washington State University.

“She left her phone, which I thought was odd, and her carry-on (a small backpack) and went to the bathroom and never returned,” Cole said.

Sea-Tac security footage showed her leaving the airport wearing a black North Face jacket, a sage or olive green hoodie sweater, black yoga pants and white Converse sneakers and carrying a tan-colored shoulder bag, he said.

Then she was last seen on security footage from Sound Transit about 4 p.m. May 29 getting off the light rail at Third Avenue and University Street in downtown Seattle and walking toward the waterfront.

Cole said her fiancé had just left for a five-day fishing trip in Montana and was supposed to return his 2-year-old daughter, Seraya, in a custody exchange on Monday, but that did not happen.

That’s when Aung’s parents reported him and the daughter as missing and the Pullman Police Department issued an arrest warrant for Aung for custodial interference, he said.

Aung and Nadia Cole became engaged last fall.

“We’ve done intensive interviews with the FBI (Tuesday),” Kirk Cole said. “Because of the baby, it’s a child custody issue. We’re assuming they are related, but we don’t know for sure. But I’m a doctor and I don’t believe in coincidences. The FBI is treating them as two separate issues. It’s just been crickets.”

Anyone with information about Cole’s whereabouts is asked to call Port of Seattle Police, which is leading the investigation, at 206-787-5401. No piece of information is insignificant.

Anyone with information about Seraya’s location should contact the Pullman Police Department at 509-334-0802 or reach out to their local law enforcement agency.


Reporter Brian Gawley can be reached by email at

More in News

Print edition available today, e-edition only this Wednesday

Peninsula News has a print edition available to… Continue reading

Port Angeles High School graduates, from left, Uri Crawford, Samantha Combs and Jordan McTear, decorate a vehicle in preparation for Friday’s graduation parade from Ediz Hook to the high school. Dozens of adorned cars and trucks carried grads through the streets of Port Angeles as a lead-up to the graduation ceremony that evening at Civic Field. (Keith Thorpe/Peninsula News)
Congrats, grads!

Port Angeles High School graduates, from left, Uri Crawford, Samantha Combs and… Continue reading

Dash Air to leave Port Angeles

‘Nothing to do’ with viability of air service, owner says

Clallam County art barn to get new roof before fair

Commissioners approve $85,000 contract with company from Kent

Sequim schools drop proposal to bump back start time

Survey respondents prefer to keep Greywolf Elementary at 8:30 a.m.

Sequim chamber to host tax credit event

The Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce will host a family… Continue reading

Scheduled Hood Canal bridge closures canceled

Overnight closures of the Hood Canal bridge on state Highway… Continue reading

Weekly flight operations scheduled

There will be field carrier landing practice operations for aircraft… Continue reading

Three-year-old Archie Hanson takes a spin on a merry-go-round pushed by his mother, Justine Hanson of Port Angeles, with sister Arlene Hanson 7 months, during Sunday's grand reopening of the Dream Playground at Erickson Playfield in Port Angeles. The playground was rebuilt earlier this month by volunteers after an arson fire destroyed much of the playground equipment in December. Although there are still details to attend to and minor adjustments to be made, the facility will be open daily from dawn until dusk.
Grand reopening at Dream Playground

Three-year-old Archie Hanson takes a spin on a merry-go-round pushed by his… Continue reading

Wind returns for Day 3 of Race to Alaska

Teams pushing north along Vancouver Island

Port Townsend pool on track to open in July

Task force favors Chimacum Park for replacement